Download Full Text (11.2 MB)
• Battalion Day: Militia Exercise and Frolic in Pennsylvania Before the Civil War
• Folklore in the Library: Cherished Memories of Old Lancaster
• Widows' Wills for Philadelphia County, 1750-1784: A Study of Pennsylvania German Folklife
• Forest County Lore
• The "Big Valley" Amish of Central Pennsylvania: A Community of Cultural Contrasts
• Maurice A. Mook (1904-1973): An Appreciation
• Collectanea: Ore-Mining and Basket-Making in Maxatawny ; The Sharadin Tannery at Kutztown ; Occult Lore Recorded in Cumberland County
• German Immigrants in America as Presented in Travel Accounts
• The Pie and Related Forms in Pennsylvania Cuisine: Folk-Cultural Questionnaire No. 46
Pennsylvania Folklife Society, Inc.
Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania German, Pennsylvania Dutch, Battalion Day, militias, volunteer troops, militia system, military training, William Riddle, Lancaster, folktales, superstitions, folk medicine, remedies, wills, inventories, Philadelphia County, property, religion, education, slaves, widows, Forest County, Amish, House Amish, Church Amish, Maurice A. Mook, reminiscences, basket making, mining, tanning, tanneries, Francis Sharadin, Cumberland County, witchcraft, powwowing, travel accounts, immigrants, Germans, pie, Kuchen
American Art and Architecture | American Material Culture | American Studies | Christian Denominations and Sects | Cultural History | Ethnic Studies | Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts | Folklore | Genealogy | German Language and Literature | Historic Preservation and Conservation | History of Religion | Linguistics | Social and Cultural Anthropology
This publication is in copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ It may be used for educational purposes only.
Garrison, J. Ritchie; Barrick, Mac E.; Pitchon, Miriam; Taft, Donald E.; Mook, Maurice A.; Hostetler, John A.; Yoder, Don; and Farrior, Stephanie, "Pennsylvania Folklife Vol. 26, No. 2" (1977). Pennsylvania Folklife Magazine. 72.
American Art and Architecture Commons, American Material Culture Commons, Christian Denominations and Sects Commons, Cultural History Commons, Ethnic Studies Commons, Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts Commons, Folklore Commons, Genealogy Commons, German Language and Literature Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, History of Religion Commons, Linguistics Commons, Social and Cultural Anthropology Commons