Download Full Text (11.6 MB)
• Cultural Learning Through Game Structure: A Study of Pennsylvania German Children's Games
• "Nipsy": The Ethnography of a Traditional Game of Pennsylvania's Anthracite Region
• The Game as Creator of the Group in an Italian-American Community
• Pennsylvania Town Views of a Century Ago
• "The Barber's Ghost": A Legend Becomes a Folktale
• Grain Harvesting in the Nineteenth Century
• My Experience With the Dialect
• Harvest on the Pennsylvania Farm: Folk-Cultural Questionnaire No. 34
Pennsylvania Folklife Society, Inc.
Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania German, Pennsylvania Dutch, games, children's games, play, Village of Eckley, Luzerne County, nipsy, bocce, Italian-Americans, immigrants, Philadelphia, town planning, photographs, folktales, ghost stories, legend, grain, harvesting, sheaf, threshing, flail, dialect, Emmaus
American Art and Architecture | American Material Culture | American Studies | Christian Denominations and Sects | Cultural History | Ethnic Studies | Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts | Folklore | Genealogy | German Language and Literature | Historic Preservation and Conservation | History of Religion | Linguistics | Social and Cultural Anthropology
This publication is in copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ It may be used for educational purposes only.
Hambly, Scott; Brown, Waln K.; Mercier, Denis; Varesano, Angela; Mathias, Elizabeth; Yoder, Don; Barrick, Mac E.; Beck, Berton E.; and Deischer, Claude K., "Pennsylvania Folklife Vol. 23, No. 4" (1974). Pennsylvania Folklife Magazine. 59.
American Art and Architecture Commons, American Material Culture Commons, Christian Denominations and Sects Commons, Cultural History Commons, Ethnic Studies Commons, Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts Commons, Folklore Commons, Genealogy Commons, German Language and Literature Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, History of Religion Commons, Linguistics Commons, Social and Cultural Anthropology Commons