Download Full Text (11.3 MB)
• The Herr and Zeller Houses
• Pennsylvania German Astronomy and Astrology II: The Moon
• Travel Journals as a Folklife Research Tool: Impressions of the Pennsylvania Germans
• My Interview with a Powwower
• American Emigrants from the Territories of the Bishropric of Speyer
• Emigrants to America from the Duchy of Zweibrucken
• Funeral Customs: Folk-Cultural Questionnaire No. 24
Pennsylvania Folklife Society, Inc.
Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania German, Pennsylvania Dutch, historical archaeology, architecture, Hans Herr House, log house, stone cabin, Christian Herr, almanac, astronomy, astrology, moon, travel journals, diaries, powwowing, braucherei, emigrants, genealogy, emigration, Zweibrucken, funerals, funeral customs
American Art and Architecture | American Material Culture | American Studies | Christian Denominations and Sects | Cultural History | Ethnic Studies | Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts | Folklore | Genealogy | German Language and Literature | Historic Preservation and Conservation | History of Religion | Linguistics | Social and Cultural Anthropology
This publication is in copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ It may be used for educational purposes only.
Barakat, Robert A.; Winkler, Louis; Roth, Juliana; Dluge, Robert L. Jr.; Hacker, Werner; and Krebs, Friedrich, "Pennsylvania Folklife Vol. 21, No. 4" (1972). Pennsylvania Folklife Magazine. 49.
American Art and Architecture Commons, American Material Culture Commons, Christian Denominations and Sects Commons, Cultural History Commons, Ethnic Studies Commons, Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts Commons, Folklore Commons, Genealogy Commons, German Language and Literature Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, History of Religion Commons, Linguistics Commons, Social and Cultural Anthropology Commons