Download Full Text (12.5 MB)
• Gardens and Gardening Among the Pennsylvania Germans
• Historical Sources For American Traditional Cookery: Examples from the Pennsylvania German Culture
• The Use of Amulets Among Greek-Philadelphians
• Work and the Farmer: The Almanac as Cultural Index, 1858-1898
• Pennsylvania German and High German: Folk-Cultural Questionnaire No. 19
• Engravings of Western Pennsylvania Scenes
Pennsylvania Folklife Society, Inc.
Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania German, Pennsylvania Dutch, gardens, fences, whitewashing, farming, agriculture, onions, hops, plants, flowers, cookery, food, cookbooks, diet, amulet, talisman, phylachto, haimali, evil eye, Agricultural Almanac, Lancaster, language, dialect, town views, engravings
American Art and Architecture | American Material Culture | American Studies | Christian Denominations and Sects | Cultural History | Ethnic Studies | Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts | Folklore | Genealogy | German Language and Literature | Historic Preservation and Conservation | History of Religion | Linguistics | Social and Cultural Anthropology
This publication is in copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ It may be used for educational purposes only.
Keyser, Alan G.; Yoder, Don; Gizelis, Gregory; and Gillespie, Angus K., "Pennsylvania Folklife Vol. 20, No. 3" (1971). Pennsylvania Folklife Magazine. 44.
American Art and Architecture Commons, American Material Culture Commons, Christian Denominations and Sects Commons, Cultural History Commons, Ethnic Studies Commons, Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts Commons, Folklore Commons, Genealogy Commons, German Language and Literature Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, History of Religion Commons, Linguistics Commons, Social and Cultural Anthropology Commons