Download Full Text (11.9 MB)
• The Far-From-Lonely Heart
• Almanac Album
• Some Moravian Paintings in London
• Snakelore in Pennsylvania German Folk Medicine
• The Blacksmith and his Tools
• "Shouting, Jumping Evangelicals"
• The Old Goschenhoppen Lutheran Burial Register, 1752-1772
• Personalia from the "Amerikanischer Correspondent"
• Regionalism Among the Holmes County Amish
• The Pennsylvania German Churches and Sects (1878)
• Notes and Documents: A Curious People (1877) ; Pokes and Tuts (1964)
• Feather Beds and Chaff Bags: Folk-Cultural Questionnaire No. 6
Pennsylvania Folklife Society, Inc.
Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania German, Pennsylvania Dutch, heart shape, symbol, decoration, heart motif, Berks County heart, antiques, almanac, calendar, Moravians, Johann Valentin Haidt, painting, snakes, snakelore, folk medicine, snake bite cures, Bill Reagan, blacksmith, blacksmithing, tools, drawings, Azuba Jones, dressmaker, evangelist, autobiography, emigration, genealogy, burial register, cemeteries, Old Goschenhoppen Lutheran Church, Philadelphia, newspaper, advertisements, Holmes County, Ohio, Amish, Hinnadraus, Zukagrik, religious denominations, names, New Testament, Mennonites, folkspeech, beds, bedclothes, chaff bags
American Art and Architecture | American Material Culture | American Studies | Christian Denominations and Sects | Cultural History | Ethnic Studies | Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts | Folklore | Genealogy | German Language and Literature | Historic Preservation and Conservation | History of Religion | Linguistics | Social and Cultural Anthropology
This publication is in copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ It may be used for educational purposes only.
Robacker, Earl F.; Robacker, Ada; Yoder, Don; Fabian, Monroe H.; Hertzog, Phares H.; Reagan, William A.; Unger, Claude; Troyer, Lester O.; and Pfautz, John Eby, "Pennsylvania Folklife Vol. 17, No. 2" (1968). Pennsylvania Folklife Magazine. 31.
American Art and Architecture Commons, American Material Culture Commons, Christian Denominations and Sects Commons, Cultural History Commons, Ethnic Studies Commons, Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts Commons, Folklore Commons, Genealogy Commons, German Language and Literature Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, History of Religion Commons, Linguistics Commons, Social and Cultural Anthropology Commons