Download Full Text (11.9 MB)
• The Moravian Settlements of Pennsylvania in 1757: The Nicholas Garrison Views
• The San Rocco Festival at Aliquippa, Pennsylvania: A Transplanted Tradition
• Amish Genealogy: A Progress Report
• Pulpit Humor in Central Pennsylvania
• The Pre-Metric Foot and its Use in Pennsylvania German Architecture
• Mennonite Contacts Across the Atlantic: The Van der Smissen Letter of 1838
• Bread, Baking, and the Bakeoven: Folk-Cultural Questionnaire No. 13
Pennsylvania Folklife Society, Inc.
Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania German, Pennsylvania Dutch, Bethlehem, Moravians, drawings, Nicholas Garrison Jr., architecture, Aliquippa, San Rocco Festival, Italian-Americans, immigrants, outdoor processions, Amish, genealogy, bibliography, humor, anecdotes, preachers, preaching, sermons, Montgomery County, Upper Frederick, Lower Frederick, New Hanover, Limerick, Goschenhoppen, measurement, emigration, Carl Justus van der Smissen, correspondence, Mennonites, Canada, bread, baking, bakeovens
American Art and Architecture | American Material Culture | American Studies | Christian Denominations and Sects | Cultural History | Ethnic Studies | Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts | Folklore | Genealogy | German Language and Literature | Historic Preservation and Conservation | History of Religion | Linguistics | Social and Cultural Anthropology
This publication is in copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ It may be used for educational purposes only.
Nelson, Vernon H.; Madeheim, Lothar; Urick, Mildred; Hostetler, John A.; Hostetler, Beulah S.; Barrick, Mac E.; Lawton, Arthur J.; and Yoder, Don, "Pennsylvania Folklife Vol. 19, No. 1" (1969). Pennsylvania Folklife Magazine. 38.
American Art and Architecture Commons, American Material Culture Commons, Christian Denominations and Sects Commons, Cultural History Commons, Ethnic Studies Commons, Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts Commons, Folklore Commons, Genealogy Commons, German Language and Literature Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, History of Religion Commons, Linguistics Commons, Social and Cultural Anthropology Commons